Working/Dying

Work is a fraught concept for me. As the world around us grinds to a halt during this pandemic, two things keep circling in my mind. Dying and working. Neither of which I want to do. Neither of which should be connected either in my mind or in reality. On one hand, I want to honor the willingness to embrace difficult tasks, to grow through challenges and contribute to society. On the other, I want to fight for what we tend to consider the "luxuries" of the body and mind, which are so worth cultivating, protecting, honoring and which can't be achieved through work as it now exists for most people. Our lives shouldn't depend on our willingness to alienate ourselves from our Self. Any job or career value must align with the higher values of freedom, safety, and security. Work and dying must be antithetical to each other. The fact that this needs parsing is an abomination. Work and life - how do we bring them into alignment. That is the question.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Primal Pool

Life or Death